PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER – CASUAL
AKWESASNE MOHAWK POLICE SERVICE
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
SALARY LEVEL: APA $33.8993
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction of the shift supervisor, the Public Safety dispatcher performs specialized duties involving dispatching of police, ambulance and fire units. The position requires the employee to operate two-way radio, telephones and computer terminals daily. Phone work includes handling complaints and service requests and providing accurate and timely transmittal of information messages that frequently involve emergency situations affecting human welfare and safety. Employee also enters occurrences, reports, incidents, emergency medical system, run reports and logs correspondence. This position involves shiftwork and working some holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A clear criminal records check
- At least 21 years of age
- One year or more dispatch experience highly desirable, but not a requirement
- Certified in CPR/First Aid
- Have the ability to actively listen and communicate effectively, with the ability to respond clearly and concisely both verbally and written
- Be proficient with computers and type a minimum of 25 WPM
- Have the ability to read maps and convey directions
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and exercise good judgement under pressure, keeping in consideration pre-established guidelines and procedures
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (phone, cell phone, fax, scanner, email, etc.)
All interested applicants MUST submit all of the following documents:
1. a cover letter,
3. copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas,
4. status card (if applicable) and
5. three references submitted on Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment.
Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume. Native preference in hiring. A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
An eligibility list will be created for one year. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. MCA reserves the right to retract, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.
Submit application packages using one of the following methods (email preferred):
E-mail: [email protected]
Mail: MCA Staffing Officer, PO Box 90, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0
Drop Off: 10 Akwesasne St, Administration Building #3, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0