RANK: RECRUIT & EXPERIENCED
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
- Knowledge or willingness to learn the Anishnaabe customs, culture, and language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task on all occasions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills in a variety of environments and situations.
- Ability to work independently and within a team; and to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills to learn a variety of software applications, and proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
Some duties of this position are extremely varied and unpredictable, involving many physical and mental challenges, which include:
- Interacting formally and informally with the community to provide information, advice, and education which will assist and promote public safety and awareness.
- Responding to calls for service and perform routine patrols, confront, and resolve emergency and non-emergency situations in a manner that protects lives and property maintains public order, and aids all those involved.
- Demonstrating professionalism and cultural sensitivity when aiding and/or communicating with the public.
- Enforcing laws, investigate offenses and when appropriate, arrest offenders.
- Preparing information and cases for court.
- Preparing and submit reports both verbal and written, concerning investigations and police service activities in a timely & complete manner.
- Actively identifying problems in the community, prepare reports which encompass multiple solutions, and take an active role in resolving these issues.
- Interaction with the entire spectrum of the community.
- Working on weekends and holidays. Shift work is also mandatory.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Completed series of Health Canada approved COVID-19 Vaccination PRIOR to job commencement.
- Be in good health and meet the physical, mental, and medical requirements of the UCCM APS.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Have never been convicted of a criminal offense, or if convicted, have received a full pardon/record.
- Must hold an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (Grade 12) or equivalent. Preference is given to those with post-secondary education.
- Possess vision which is no worse than 20/40 (6:12) both eyes combined, and correctable to 20/20 (6:6) with glasses or contact lenses. No degree of red/green color deficiency. You MUST be at least six months post-operative of any vision correction surgery. Applicants may be required to provide additional documentation on vision stability and night vision.
- Possess hearing within the normal range, unaided. Hearing loss must be no worse than twenty-five (25) decibels between 500 Hz and 3000 Hz, or no more than forty-five (45) decibels at 4000 Hz, as measured by an audiometer.
- Possess a valid Class “G” driver’s license with full non-restricted driving privileges with a good driving record. *Prior to employment, a valid Ontario driver’s license will be required; Valid Standard First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Commitment to the principles of community-based policing.
- Demonstrate a commitment to health and physical fitness.
UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service hires experienced officers for lateral entry. Therefore, the recruitment process is shorter than that of a recruit. RCMP clearance and a working knowledge of First Nation’s policing and culture is considered an asset.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST
- Complete and submit Constable Application Form; McNeil Report; UCCM Vision & Medical Forms; and Consent & Release of Liability Form;
- Must include a letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and three reference letters (two work, one character).
Please refer to the checklist on the required information for your application to be considered.
Mail-in applications can be sent to:
Confidential: Human Resources
UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service
5926 Hwy 540, Box 332
M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
Or via email to [email protected]
Subject: “Employment Opportunity: Police Constable”
Deadline to apply: July 18, 2022