UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to assist the organization in successfully meeting their mandate and mission statement.
The Information Technology Administrator is responsible for ensuring all systems and services are operational and secure. This includes providing support for all UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service operations and personnel while working with an I.T. Service Provider to assist in projects and helpdesk tasks.
As the key contact between the Police Service and the I.T. Service Provider, the administrator will articulate complex technical concepts, strategies, solutions, and technologies to non-technical UCCM APS leadership to promote greater understanding of how essential technology investments will contribute and support organizational strategic plans and priorities, as well as communicating the evolving needs of UCCM APS to the Service provider to promote excellence in I.T. service delivery to UCCM.
The I.T. Administrator will guide the organization in developing and reporting budget estimates for ongoing organizational I.T. support costs and oversee the collection and distribution within the appropriate UCCM management of I.T. project proposals and submissions including budget estimates, project plans and related schedules, as well as regular reporting on progress of approved projects in terms of project schedule and financial resource consumption.
The I.T. Administrator will regularly assess the performance of the external 3rd party service provider and will liaise with the primary contact to ensure expected service and support metrics meet or exceed contract documented service metrics. Provide advice and expertise to external vendors and senior management, to contribute to I.T. strategies and projects.
The I.T. Administrator will provide periodic reports to their manager of the performance of the service provider, paying particular attention to events where service expectations or project objectives fail to achieve documented schedule, approved budgets, or service level agreements, and provide technical expertise and advise management on project planning, management, and reporting. In addition, presentation, and explanatory skills to make effective presentations to senior business customers and management and negotiate contracts with vendors and external service suppliers.
UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service offers competitive salaries, pension, benefit coverage, paid vacation, and a hybrid work environment!
Applicants must describe their experience related to the above noted tasks, as well as cataloguing their credentials as they related to the following:
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline (e.g. network design, database design and maintenance, IT systems security and maintenance) from a recognized Community College or University with Canadian accreditation;
• Must possess cultural sensitivity and a familiarity with the UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service area;
• Preferred experience and/or understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Office Products, Server and virtual server technologies, Data and voice network technologies and related hardware, I.T. Security strategies and related technologies, ITIL/Six Sigma or other I.T. Management methodologies;
• Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge of current wired/wireless messaging and collaboration systems software, protocols, and standards, including Microsoft Exchange, Office 365;
• Provide technical expertise and support to client users by diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network problems in relation to overall system performance, investigating problem areas and recommending enhancements or improvements; implementing modifications; maintaining operation of business and policing environment applications and hardware;
• Analytical and evaluative skills to identify, determine and resolve technical malfunctions occurring within the network and server infrastructure;
• Knowledge on best practices in managing backup and disaster recovery;
• File structure permissions and evidence management;
• Hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus and spam filtering software, data encryption;
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent customer service and communications skills;
• Aptitude to work independently and prioritize work based upon business needs;
• Proficiency to accurately interpret and apply guidelines, procedures, and regulations in a variety of situations;
• Capacity to anticipate demands/pressures of assignments and adapt accordingly to meet critical deadlines;
• Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, and self-motivation;
• Completed series of Health Canada approved COVID-19 Vaccination PRIOR to job commencement;
• Other requirements as listed within the job description.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• A thorough background check will be completed, and the background check must be clear before an offer of employment will be given.
• A valid Class G driver’s license is required.
DEADLINE: July 18, 2022 at 4:00pm EST
Please apply for this position by submitting your cover letter, resume, and three (3) work related references.
Complete a Consent & Release of Liability Form with your application.