Highlights of the meeting:
Reports and Presentations:
- President’s Report (Chief Dwayne Zachary)
- Lessons Learned in Policing (Chief Lennard Bush and Chief Jerry Swamp)
- What keeps me up at night – A Chief of Police Perspective (Mathieu Courchene, facilitator)
- Leadership and Why it’s Important – A Personal Experience (Chris Lewis)
- Police intervention in an Active Shooter Situation (Ivan Gray, École nationale de police du Québec)
The Annual General Meeting is coordinated for all members of the First Nations Chiefs of Police Association every year. In order to attend the AGM you must be a member as recognized under the criteria of the by-laws of the Association. The AGM provides a forum for the members to conduct business of the Association and assist in keeping the membership aware of issues that are national and topical. The Annual General Meeting is held in the fall ever year.
Room Reservations — Rooms have been blocked at a discounted rate and delegates are responsible for making their own individual reservations. For ease of booking callers must identify group: “First Nations Chiefs of Police Association”. The discount deadline date for reservations will be published at a later date.
Lunch & Allergies — Lunch for the Business Meeting will be provided. For any participants attending that have food allergies, please provide [email protected] with an email regarding your allergy.
Dress Code — Business Casual