Terms of employment
This contract position with an anticipated start date beginning immediately, with the start date to be determined. The First Nations Chiefs of Police Association (FNCPA) is looking for a frontline receptionist/administrative assistant for the office of FNCPA.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Director. This position will act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public relating to their questions, concerns, or suggestions. This role will also answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages. The Administrative Assistant must possess ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, invoices, presentations, publications, and reports
- Act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public relating to their questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist in the compilation of data for various reports
- Assist in coordinating the logistical aspects of departmental programs such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files
- Monitor schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for the Executive Director and staff
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive or management signatures for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, and conferences for the Executive Director
- Accurately and appropriately file correspondence, invoices, and receipts and provide to finance.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This job description is intended to identify and illustrate the kinds of duties that may be assigned to its incumbents. It should not be interpreted as describing all the duties that may ever be required of such an employee or used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such individuals may be given.
- Two-year college diploma or equivalent; or any combination of education training and/or work experience which provides the required skill sets to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of law enforcement with police service administrations, police officers, service providers
- Knowledge of First Nations in Canada
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence and a vehicle, or access to a vehicle.
Salary: Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Please forward (by mail or email):
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Two (2) written letters of reference
- Criminal Record Check
- A copy of a valid Driver’s Licence
November 15, 2021 @ 1630 hrs.
Forward to: FIRST NATIONS CHIEFS OF POLICE ASSOCIATION
Attn: Executive Committee
P.O. Box 37
Portage la Prairie, MB, R1N 3B2
Phone: (204) 856-5374, Fax (204) 856-5389
Email: [email protected]
LATE OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants selected for an interview must attend an in-person interview at their own expense, at a location to be determined. The successful candidate will be reimbursed for their expenses in accordance with the FNCPA Expense Policy.