The Stl’atl’imx Tribal Police Service is seeking applicants for the position of Operations Assistant at the Lillooet STPS Headquarters Office. The Operations Assistant is an Administrative, and operational support service for Police Officers and other employees at the STPS office. Reporting to the Operations Sergeant and the Chief Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
Provide in-house guidance/training and information to police officers and other employees on computer software and systems applications, office procedures and processes, court procedures, and the municipal/regional infrastructure. Assist in the resolution of problems/issues encountered.
Successful completion of two years of post-secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
Significant* experience in providing administrative support services using the following technology:
Experience using Microsoft Word.
Experience using Microsoft Excel.
Experience responding to in-person, telephone, or email enquiries from the public.
*Significant means a depth and breadth of experience normally associated with the performance of duties on a continual basis over a period of approximately 12 to 24 months.
Experience using the following police-related technologies is an asset, but not a requirement:
• Relay information to members
• Respond to requests for information from members
Follow applicable Policies & Procedures related to CPIC, PIRS, PRIME, NCDB, JUSTIN
• CPIC: Canadian Police Information Centre
• PIRS: Police Information Retrieval System
• PRIME: Police Records Information Management Environment
• NCDB: National Crime Databank
• JUSTIN: Justice Information System (BC)
- Maintain common filing and procedures system between offices
- Maintain filing system for:
- Occurrence files
- Forms files for Operations
- Operation/Administration files
- Maintain log books for:
- Exhibit log books
- Purge Operational Files at the end of each month
- Criminal Record Check
- Data Entry
- Type court documents, letters and other documents
- Transcribe statements
- Complete fingerprint forms with court Disposition
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, including physical and electronic file management.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
Ability to plan and organize workload.
Ability to communicate effectively orally.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
Ability to use reasoning skills to solve problems.
Ability to diffuse difficult or hostile situations.
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Work well in a team environment with good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and time management abilities
- Knowledge of First Nations communities would be an asset.
- Individuals will be subject to an enhanced reliability security clearance/Criminal Record Check/ Vulnerable Sector Check.
Pay & Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. Municipal Pension Plan/Benefits start on the date of hire.
Interested applicants should submit: a cover letter, a resume, (2) written letters of reference, a Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s License and current driver’s abstract, and a Criminal Record Check. The candidate will also further complete a Vulnerable Sector Check and provide it upon receipt.
All Applications and necessary documents can be forwarded to:
Chief Officer, Stl’atl’imx Tribal Police Service
PO Box 488,
Fax: (250) 256-4600
STPS appreciates the interest of those who apply, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
July 15, 2022 (12:00 hrs PST)
Incomplete packages will not be considered.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of St’at’imc/Indigenous ancestry.
This ad will be posted until filled.