FULL-TIME INDEFINITE HIRE
AKWESASNE MOHAWK POLICE SERVICES
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Police and the Deputy Chief of Police, the Office Manager is accountable for the management and delivery of AMPS financial and administrative services, which are comprised of the following programs: Finance, Human Resources, Information Services, Benefits and leave, Operational Support and Planning and Analysis
- Chartered Professional Accountant or Certified Aboriginal Financial Officer designation or equivalent training and certification
- University degree in Management, Business, Public Administration or related discipline
- Two (2) years experience in Human Resources or financial administration
- One year (1) experience in the management of programs/projects, administration, staff, program delivery, financial and human resource allocations
- Health and Safety Worker Training Part 1 and 2 considered an asset
- Experience liaising with government officials and other police services considered an asset
- Experience participating in committees affecting First Nations Governments considered an asset
All interested applicants MUST submit all of the following documents:
1. a cover letter,
3. copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas,
4. status card (if applicable) and
5. three references submitted on Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment.
Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume. Native preference in hiring. A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
An eligibility list will be created for one year. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. MCA reserves the right to retract, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.
Submit application packages using one of the following methods (email preferred):
E-mail: [email protected]
Mail: MCA Staffing Officer, PO Box 90, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0
Drop Off: 10 Akwesasne St, Administration Building #3, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0