The First Nations Chiefs of Police Association Executive will be postponing the FNCPA Conference & Awards that was scheduled for October 28 & 29, 2020 to May 26 & 27, 2021.
Annual General Meeting & Executive Elections The First Nations Chiefs of Police Association Annual General Meeting & Executive Elections will still take place on October 27, 2020. Details on the meeting information will be provided at a later date.
The proud recipients will be provided a confirmation letter to be recognized at the Annual Conference Banquet and will receive an award from FNCPA Executive. Nominations for the following:
- Years of Service (20 Years of Service or more)
This award is for Officers that have twenty (20) years of combined service or more, in policing as an officer.
- Bravery & Lifesaving Awards
This award is for Officers that have performed an act of bravery that could best demonstrate the qualities of heroism.
This award is for Officers whereby the officer defies the instinct for self-preservation and risks his/her own life to protect others, and as a result have saved a life or lives, including their own.
- Distinguished Services Awards (Investigative, Community Services & Crime Prevention)
This award is open to active police officer (s) or staff member (s) who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to his/her service through work that have benefited to their peers, their service, and the community.
An Officer that has shown dedication with their work in regards to their investigational activities: who has worked diligently and has proven to have strong investigating skills which resulted in successful arrests; who is motived in preparing, drafting, and execution of warrants and arrests; who works in a team environment to complete projects in a safe manner for all members involved; and who shows dedication to their department and proven to be a team player.
- Community Services or Crime Prevention
- This award is for an individual (s) who have demonstrated self-initiative in the development of Community Crime Prevention Strategies and initiatives for the communities they serve; and who have actively participated and donated their time to a community, and community-based fundraising events.
12th Annual Conference & Awards
Date: May 26 & 27, 2021
Time: 0900 – 1600 hrs
(Start time 0900 hrs)
Location: Salon ABC Boardroom
Awards: May 26, 2021
(Doors Open 1700 hrs)
Salon ABC Ballroom
Location: Mariott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
6740 Fallsview Boulevard
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Book your group rate for First Nations Chiefs of Police Association.
First Nations Chiefs of Police Association
Start Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
End Date: Friday, May 28, 2021
Last Day to Book: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls for 229 CAD per night
Book your group rate for First Nations Chiefs of Police Association
Please submit your completed nominations either by fax/email/mail by October 1, 2020.
First Nation Chiefs of Police Association
PO Box 37
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, R1N 3B2
Fax: (204) 856-5389
Email: [email protected]
Event Information • Informations sur l’événement
Room Reservations: Rooms have been blocked at a discounted rate and delegates are responsible for making their own individual reservations. Reservations toll free number at 1-888-501-8916 and request your group: First Nations Chiefs of Police Association.
Lunch & Allergies: Breakfast is served at 0800 hrs & Lunch for the Conference will be provided.
For any participants attending that have food allergies, please provide an email regarding your allergy to Karen Haines at: [email protected].
Dress Code: Business Casual
Awards Dinner: Dress Uniform & Hat for awards recipients and Police Service Chief of Police or designate providing remarks of Award recipient.
Nomination Criteria • Critères de nomination
- Letter of Nomination by the Chief of Police of the Service/Organization – this letter must be endorsed by the Police Chief or Designate.
- Office or Staff Resume – The Police Service must provide resume.
- Summary of the Event: synopsis of the incident/occurrence/contributions of the Officer/Individual including the impact to the Officer/Individual.
Presentation at the Annual Conference with Police Chief or Designate • Présentation à la conférence annuelle avec le chef de police ou son représentant
- Once the successful candidate has been identified, they will be provided notification by FNCPA.
- The Police Chief or Designate will accompany the successful candidate during the Awards Ceremony, and review the description of the event to the delegates in attendance.
- The President/Executive will provide award to the designate.
- It is the responsibility of the Police Service to coordinate the travel to their candidate, if successful.
This correspondence will serve as a request for nominations.