FULL-TIME INDEFINITE HIRE
AKWESASNE MOHAWK POLICE SERVICES
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Police, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing compliance of Akwesasne By-Laws and Community Laws within the regulatory jurisdiction of the MCA.
- Post-Secondary education in a program of Law and Security, or a related field;
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least three (3) years related work experience in the enforcement field
- Must be able to conduct water, snowmobile or car patrols;
- Must have a clean driver’s record and be allowed to operate a truck and watercraft;
- Must be able to handle a tranquilizer gun;
- Must be able to handle long rifles for the purposes of the Hyper-abundant deer reduction program;
- Must have knowledge of conservation laws, forensic investigative procedures, and rules of evidence, methodologies of arrest, search and seizure, and use of force, where applicable;
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of vehicle and specialty equipment (boat, ATV, snowmobile);
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions;
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to obtain a Canadian PAL “Possession and Acquisition License” for Firearms, within one year of employment;
- Must obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator card within one year of employment.
All interested applicants MUST submit all of the following documents:
1. a cover letter,
3. copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas,
4. status card (if applicable) and
5. three references submitted on Consent to Release Reference Check form, which can be found on the Akwesasne.ca website under Employment.
Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume. Native preference in hiring. A criminal record check is mandatory before start of employment.
As a requirement of employment, all applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance number.
An eligibility list will be created for one year. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. MCA reserves the right to retract, postpone, or revise employment opportunities at any time.
Submit application packages using one of the following methods (email preferred):
E-mail: [email protected]
Mail: MCA Staffing Officer, PO Box 90, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0
Drop Off: 10 Akwesasne St, Administration Building #3, Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0